Sunday, February 03, 2008

Most people who know me know I have no love for the Croc. I have no problem with them as, say, shoes for gardening or nursing or anything else where you might be slogging through bits of wet filth. I am even okay with them as beach shoes, again, with the wet filth and all. But when did these become acceptable as everyday footwear? It's like sweatpants when you're not at the gym or cleaning your house -- it's akin to giving up on life.

I was at a workshop the other day where the moderator wore these infernal things. In bright orange. At a workshop. With a dress shirt! I could hardly concentrate. Unacceptable!

But now, now I've seen it all. I saw these in person. Made me throw up in my mouth, just a little.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I saw a woman wearing Crocs at my gym the other day. Talk about unsafe, improper footwear for the gym.

February 3, 2008 at 4:26:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

They would've gotten a talking to in my fascist (but quite safe and orderly) gym. No using the cardio machines over 30 minutes at a time, no mobiles, no children under 16 w/o adult supervision, and YOU MUST WEAR ATHLETIC SHOES!

Anyway, I get it that people are lazy and giving up and want to wear their slip-on ugly-ass ventilated plastic shoes all the time, but what is the point with those furry abominations? I say to them: buy a real shoe, or wear your slippers outside like the derelict you are!

February 3, 2008 at 10:48:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home