Tuesday, January 29, 2008

To speak of imminent things...

Nice article in The Economist about the major-label record industry finally waking up to the fact that they are a dying breed, and what they're doing to ensure that they're around until the last dog's dead. Surprising statistics, but stranger still is how this article takes a tone sympathetic to the big bads. I guess big business is the business.

My good friend Jon Stich does Lenny Kravitz. With a brush and while cherubs watch. In Vibe magazine, March.

And in the far flung future: my favorite Oakland bookshop, wee Diesel, A Bookstore, has secured the beloved David Sedaris to read, be bizarre and charming, and get hand cramps signing books on June 28th. I have marked my calendar and dusted off my Santaland Diaries.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home