Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Well, well, what do we have here...




























Goo, I guess Bauhaus definitely is no more, as we are seeing history repeat itself. Love and Rockets, eh? Damn, that Bauhaus money ran out fast, boys!

This may just be a charitable one-off, but somehow I doubt it. Too much work and too much anticipation to just play a couple of songs that aren't yours under the banner of a broken-up but beloved band, and ruin your future reunion chances by crying wolf.

Maybe it's just to see if there's buzz? Well, consider an LNR reunion buzzed!

In any case, I'm not going to LA for anyone, but I definitely wouldn't turn my nose up at a tour -- or front row at the Fillmore for that matter.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I'm so excited for an LNR tour, but I want to cry at the same time. Any tour will be awesome, but if things go like they have been the boys will tease us with a couple of crappy new songs and promise of a brilliant new album and then abandon us like yesterday's weave.

October 31, 2007 at 6:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Whomever could you be talking about? ;)

Love and Rockets has a better chance at success, methinks. For some odd reason, Dave and Danny work really well together, and I get the impression Kevin's sick of the drama of Bauhaus. I love the music, but I'm sick of it too. Throw off the chains -- it's time for the fun band!

There's only room for one desperate and aging diva with baggage in a band looking to make a comeback. LNR has only one, as far as I know, so I say, YES -- bring it!

November 1, 2007 at 11:48:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

...I get the impression Kevin's sick of the drama of Bauhaus. I love the music, but I'm sick of it too.

What I meant was, I'm also sick of the drama. I'll always love the (old) music.

I'm actually glad the new album didn't surface. Judging from what they rolled out in 2006 as "singles" -- ehhhh. I know Dave touted it as stripped down, but I just thought it was too safe.

November 1, 2007 at 11:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dixie said...

Wait, David said the new songs were "stripped down"? Did he mean stripped of talent? Stripped of anything good? Stripped of lyrics that might make one think? I think the alcohol fumes rising from a particular band member might have stripped David of the right words to describe those songs cause I know he's a hell of a lot smarter than that.

Hmmm, I think I'm still pissed about the latest Bowie box set and it's spilling over. And pissed about my fucking expense report system that won't work. Grrrr....

November 1, 2007 at 6:43:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home