Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Today, I saw a rental driver's education car equipped with spinners. Brilliant marketing or sad state of affairs?

I know I would have been embarrassed to learn to drive in a car with under the chassis LED lights or something else considered totally cool in my high school years but that I deemed as equally lame back then as I do spinners now. But this is Oaktown after all, and though I scoff I suppose my inner and outer goth girl would have jumped at the chance to take driver's ed in a hearse.

And as long as we're talking Oaktown -- as promised and in honor of Halloween -- may I present a tip of the iceberg photodocumentary of hair extension abuse and abandonment in my neighborhood. Scary.

I also promise I'll do this only once.

Telegraph and 53rd:















Shafter and 51st:















My favorite, Webster and 49th:

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

These are the scariest thing on your entire blog! Like when Samara's hair came out of the fax machine in Ringu 3 or something...

October 31, 2007 at 12:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

Strangely Beautiful photos

October 31, 2007 at 10:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

spinners and lights:

I like spinning donkeys to a degree, faux thoughts, ideas, notions, the ridiculous, and but even this form of imagination is commendable, massproducedcrap, but better than no signature al all, or maybe not, i'll have to think about that one.

I like blue neon though

October 31, 2007 at 10:24:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Yesterday's Ester said...

Oh, these are so great! You should start a spin-off blog just about this. GRANT AND I WILL TOTALLY CONTRIBUTE. My favorite, unfortunately not caught on film, was hanging over one of those real estate bus bench ads, as if giving the smiling agent a ponytail.

October 31, 2007 at 11:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dixie said...

Michael and I found an abandoned hair extension while walking our dogs around the neighborhood the other day. It was so nasty the dogs didn't even want to sniff it.

October 31, 2007 at 6:45:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home