Tuesday, December 12, 2006



















I've been chuckling about Left Behind, a new computer game in which players must either convert or kill non-Christians.

You've got to be kidding me. Didn't the Simpsons parody this like 5 or 6 years ago?

Apparently more "progressive" Christian leaders are decrying this game as something that teaches Christians to "hate and kill." Well, duh. But I don't agree that this game should be pulled. I am all about freedom of speech, and human choice in life; above all, I am all about (rhetorical) social Darwinism. Let the haters have their game. As far as I'm concerned, it just brings them one step closer to splitting our species. Question is, will they be Morlock or Eloi? And how can I stay neither?

Haha, and I don't believe in hell, but if someone conjures one up this guy's going there with the people who kick dogs, or the folks who don't tip:

Left Behind Games' president, Jeffrey Frichner, says the game actually is pacifist because players lose "spirit points" every time they gun down nonbelievers rather than convert them. They can earn spirit points again by having their character pray.

"You are fighting a defensive battle in the game," Frichner, whose previous company produced Bible software, said of combatting the Antichrist. "You are a sort of a freedom fighter."


Oooh, sounds like jihad to me, with different players, Jeffie. Nice to know that in addition to convert or die (by my hand, grrr!) Christians, those suicide bombers killing "infidels" and Taliban muhajadeen killing schoolteachers because teaching women "goes against Islam" can now be called "freedom fighters" instead of "murderous hateful fundamentalists." Good times!

Religions, and Abrahamic religions in particular -- there's always got to be jackasses coming along and ruining it for everybody.

Anyway, for a real good time, check out the woo-hoo at my local record shop.

This makes my big juicy collector heart go thumpita thumpita. I knew there was a reason I sort through all of those Leo Sayer records at the Goodwill once a month. How many records does that guy have anyway?

Oh good god.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

I'll stick with GRAND THEFT AUTO.

December 24, 2006 at 3:36:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home