Friday, May 12, 2006

Today (okay, well, since its now the a.m., yesterday) was my honey's birthday. We both took the day off, slept in, made french toast, took a long walk around our neighborhood under a beautiful blue sky, and went to all the places he loves to go to. Comic books, shiny things, fish tacos -- they were all had in abundance. So nice to spend a whole day together without pesky interruptions (like work!) and worries like chores or bills.

So many many Tauruses! And birthdays on the same day even. My man's coworker, his coworker's girlfriend's roommate, our old friend Joseph: all of their birthdays are on May 11. Why so many Tauruses? My theory swirls around all those summer weddings. Our friend Alison also swears by New Year's drunkenness as the reason for so many September babies. Makes sense to me.

We just got back from going out with friends in San Francisco to celebrate the Casual-T in a more social arena. We had the most delectable Indian food at Dosa. Did you know India made great wines? Me neither. We had Sula Vineyards chenin blanc -- probably the best accompaniment for the spicy flavors of Southern Indian cuisine ever. Highly recommended.

6 Comments:

Blogger ulalume said...

And people born around my birthday are all products of Valentines Day!

May 13, 2006 at 8:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

Happy Belated Trev-

I am going to chew, slurp, gnaw, drink and engorge myself apon this blog this week. There is a sort of reflective memory in the alphabet soup- I can see a reflection of something relecting something ad infinitum peering into this bowl. Perhaps not into infinity.. but to Sonora Days and the divergance of paths leading to this present grazing on the subjects at hand at least.

Thanks for the Feast-

Mr. Ad Infinitum

May 13, 2006 at 9:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Hi cjknaak! I was wondering when I was going to get to read your musings. When are you starting a blog, yo?

May 13, 2006 at 11:15:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

There are so many Tauruses around!..
I've been to a birthday today.
I also have an acquaintance with a 11 May b-day)))
Hope you celebrated it well))
my best wishes and congratulations!

May 13, 2006 at 3:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

heya ammie

blogwise-
well, I want to get some of this El Libro Del Guero solid.. then I'll start to post stuff. Day to day musings. hm.. No Se. Perhapsamente.

May 15, 2006 at 10:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

The world will be a better place if you, specifically, blog, Craig, for real yo. If you unleash it, they will come. Ooh, sorry, that sounds really dirty. But tantalize it will!

May 28, 2006 at 11:40:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home