Friday, April 14, 2006

Our friend Sylven is back for a few weeks, visiting from Vietnam. He looks great, better than ever. Healthy, buff, and tanned, though maybe smoking a tad much. Hey, but he's in Asia, land of the cheap cigarette! His girl, my bestest friend, is moving there in a couple of months, so he's got lots of reasons to be very stoked too. After I attempt to mobilize my ass to do a little housework (bleh) we're going to the carnival to eat corn dogs and ride the ferris wheel. Whee!

Speaking of my bestest girl, I showed her all my records that I picked up in Nihon today. As I meticulously pored over the Japanese pressed Bauhaus records I picked up (okay, maybe "cooed" is a better word) she said (somewhat facetiously) she thinks its time for an intervention. What? Tee-hee, when I stop spending Friday nights playing Ms. Pac-Man for hours with her, come talk to me, sister.

NP: Low, 'Pissing' from The Great Destroyer. My friend at work has been trying forever to get me to listen to this record, and he finally succeeded. This is an incredible song. The words crescendo and goosebumps are apt but don't do it justice.

2 Comments:

Blogger ulalume said...

The Great Destroyer and Trust are two of my very favorite albums of all time. They are so...poignant? Not quite the word I'm looking for. Melancholy fits, but doesn't quite get the whole of Low.

(ps. No intervention necessary! One is always allowed to coo over the Greater Bauhaus Conspiracy!)

The word verification thingy I have to fill in for this post is "nohoy." It cracks me up. Is that the opposite of ahoy?

April 15, 2006 at 1:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

I knew I could count on a fellow kraak and smaaker!

April 15, 2006 at 11:15:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home