Sunday, July 13, 2008

Some things I am loving right now:

1) Vegan eats at The Golden Buddha:














Actually, I'm also loving the entire stretch of Clement Street in the Inner Richmond where this restaurant is located. Here exists the most extensive and lovingly displayed anime toy store around, as well as the smallest but most fashion-forward Goodwill. Wondrous Asian shops selling everything from Chinese herbs and dried fish to firecrackers and probably Mogwai are also quite abundant. But it is truly the restaurants that rule!

2) This picture of James McAvoy from the August 2008 issue of Details magazine:


















Holy hot hell. You really must embiggen and get a look at those eyes. Sweet mother of god.

Such a perfect 21st century, iconic photograph -- the type that will get referenced in his future retrospective -- but still not unlike one of my favorites of Paul Newman from the 1960s that was featured on the cover of GQ last year. Yum.

Not only is Mr. McAvoy also yum, but seems smart and grounded, and BTW did you see Atonement? The man can act. On his way to legendary.

Details, however -- eh, not so much. More like creepy and trying too hard. But this is pretty funny.

3) The wallpaper in the ladies' room at The Avenue (may be NSF your W).

4) yoCup in San Francisco, and live culture, probiotic frozen yogurt in general. Now that this phenomenon is exploding in Northern California, I am crossing my fingers for one to open up in Oakland so I no longer have to dream constantly of 150 calorie tart goodness topped with enormous succulent blackberries. Damn, I would BART across the Bay right now if they were open.

5) Cocktails at Flora, especially with my sweetie, and my good friends Chris and Jumoke. Never was much of a gal for gin, but you learn something new everyday!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Willard said...

Kinda looks like Trevor

July 13, 2008 at 8:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

You got me -- I'm a predictable girl.

July 13, 2008 at 9:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger LAS said...

gin ftw

also, did you see wanted? it's dumb as hell (albeit knowingly dumb), but jimmy makes the movie, great great performance.

July 13, 2008 at 1:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger LAS said...

also, i guess i'm going to have to add cocktails at flora to my todo list when i rock rockridge in t-minus two weeks

also i am guilty of some of the details quiz things and i feel sick

July 13, 2008 at 1:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, I looked at the menu and I really want to eat at that place. If I am ever in the Bay area again I wanna go.

July 13, 2008 at 2:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

@LAS: Yes, let's do cocktails at Flora when you come -- food too. It's pricey but fantastic.

And BTW, you can't feel sick over a quiz from Details. That magazine is written by real doucheosie.

Wanted -- sigh. I like my McAvoy dressed in period garb, or speaking Russian, or going to war, or all of the former. Not shooting people through someone's skull he's already shot up to a techno soundtrack. I'm such a snob! :P

Good to hear he's done well playing the American though. I hear he's signed to do two sequels for 12 million pounds! I'm actually hoping Ridley Scott will cast him as The Kid for Blood Meridian. He'd be perfect! That's violence I will go to see.

@Jocelyn: If you're ever in the Bay Area again, let's go together! :D

July 13, 2008 at 6:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh shit. I'm guilty of some of that stuff on the quiz. And I'm not a man!

Does that mean I'm hopeless?

July 15, 2008 at 6:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

I must admit, I would be guilty of shaving my head at the first sign of baldness.

July 15, 2008 at 7:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home