Monday, July 07, 2008

Birthday weekend wrap-up...

Birthday weekend started Thursday and ended today. I was spoiled rotten! Hikes to scary woods, eating (and shhhh, smoking) all the things I'm not supposed to have, shopping like you wouldn't believe (thanks baby -- remember, it's only once a year!), hanging out with friends, watching fireworks, and capping it all off with Wall-E. Righteous.

I am blessed with good friends. Still life with birthday brunch at La Note:














Another highlight was ferrying to San Francisco for a day of Ferry Building goodness, thrifting (lucked out with a beautiful Jil Sander top for $4) and fro-yo.

You can't tell from this photo, but San Francisco looks like a toy city from the ferry...














Okay, and now shhhhh -- time for a secret...

Today I dropped into one of the better high-end second-hand clothing stores and treated myself to a really cool and fairly expensive ginormous leather handbag. Checking out all of the pockets afterward, what did I find but a little suede bag from Pave. Inside were large Tahitian black pearl earrings! Oh my god, they are gorgessity.

Part of me feels bad, even though, 1) I will never know who they belonged to, 2) I love black pearls, 3) I will never be able to afford earrings like these, and 4) it's my birthday. Okay, those last three things don't really factor in to whether or not I should feel bad, but I need something to assuage my unjustified guilt. I think I just feel bad because someone lost some really badass and expensive earrings, and now I have them. So, anyway, I am but a twig floating in the stream of fate. Or something.

It's been 5 days of loveliness -- back to the real world tomorrow.

Oi, tomorrow! Tomorrow I have acupuncture. My acupuncturist is going to feel my pulse, sense the bacon and ice cream coursing through my veins, and then promptly kill me with his disapproving gaze.

But I think it will be worth it. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LAS said...

well happy belated b-day!

July 9, 2008 at 1:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Cheers LAS!

July 10, 2008 at 12:54:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home