Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The October 2007, 50th anniversary issue of Gentleman's Quarterly (US version) features 50 of the most stylish men of the past 50 years. There is a different man on each of ten covers -- men who, of the 50 listed, purportedly represent the ultimate in manly style. The cover I bought?























Wow! Now I know why my mother swooned.

Other notables on the covers include Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, and JFK. I daresay the effortless Sir Michael Caine should have replaced the media-hyped and stylist-created Tom Brady as a cover boy, but at least Caine's in the top 50.

And I must also note that this phenomenal shot of Paul Newman more than makes up for the inclusion of Pete Doherty *shudder* in the top 50.

Doherty always reminds me of white bread left out in the rain -- soggy, bloated, torn and disheveled from being thrown out on the cobblestone to be pock-marked then rejected by flying rats -- decidedly not stylish. Though I suppose he does own his look, which I maintain is the true measure of style.

Gah, sometimes I loathe paradox.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Willard said...

see the picture on my antiquainted MAC platform, now almost like, 100 in mouse years, it's busted.

but I seen his mug on salad dressing. Goood dressing.
Well, I don't remember if it is or not, but probably cant be too bad-

Selections of mine for cover of "Ladies Wholly"

Cover: Jane Marple

inside flapp:

Emma Goldman

Centerfold: Barbara Savage
(of "Miles from Nowhere" fame)
and also:

September 28, 2007 at 8:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

He does make good dressing! :) His dark chocolate peanut butter cups are also delicious.

Funny, I never pegged you as a man with Janet Reno-like fashion tastes in your women. I was thinking more along the lines of Greta Garbo. Maybe Nico. Am I romanticizing you a bit? ;)

September 28, 2007 at 11:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

You should see the women I date-

Though- to note-
these ain't Janet Reno's..

they got personality.. being that

if the eyes look good, I'll get around to the rest eventually and..

September 29, 2007 at 8:28:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home