Monday, November 12, 2007

So it looks like Bauhaus, though currently dead, will be releasing a new album in March 2008 entitled Go Away White, on Cooking Vinyl.

Apologies to bassist David J, who told me at a solo show of his in February it is the greatest work they've ever done, but based on the two singles performed last year, I am not excited -- somewhat fearful, but not excited. I will, however, be excited if they tour, which despite what some say is always a possibility (especially when the money runs out) and I'll bet likely if some band members get over their respective diva, drug, and dawg difficulties.

But then this reunited Love and Rockets thing is happening too. Hmmmm. Is it so terrible for me to surmise an itty bitty spiteful link?

In any case, regarding new Bauhaus I remain, morbidly curious.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger LAS said...

I'll tell you what.

I have never been a big Bauhaus fan but my wife loves them, I took her to see them back in 2005 and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Those guys know, or maybe KNEW, how to put on a fucking show.

November 12, 2007 at 2:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

Absolutely! They're one of my top five favorite bands ever, and I agree that their shows rock. They're excellent musicians. The old music is insanely good, and timeless. It just sucks that they've got some petty bullshit personalities going on. Some of that is inevitable really, considering they've all been doing their own things for years -- thankfully, they aint no Rolling Stones! But it is sad, because otherwise they'd be getting ready to tour this new album, and those new songs they played last year would have some power and depth instead of sounding like they were compromised to mediocrity.

Ah well, I'd pay to see them again anyway, issues or no. Maybe we'll both get another chance!

November 12, 2007 at 6:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dixie said...

I just hope the new album doesn't sound like Endless Summer and Adrenaline...like they composed it with their thumbs.

November 13, 2007 at 3:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

BTW, stardust, I saw your cute comment about Endless Strummer of the Damned on "that which cannot be named." Somebody needs to get a sense of humor, or at least know a little bit about who they're booking. :)

Just want you to know I appreciated your pun, and yes, down with flavorless pop tripe on any new album!

November 13, 2007 at 3:53:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home