Thursday, October 18, 2007

Darlings, I completely forgot to write a little about what I picked up thrifting in oh-so-tweaktastic rural Sacto over the weekend.

In addition to a gorgeous orange pashmina, a vintage Fiestaware plate, and a white bat wing top, among other notable goodies, I picked up 16 records. Pristine! Everything from Led Zeppelin to Erasure to Guns and Roses. So many good things I could've sold that I passed up too -- original Cream and Moody Blues vinyl being the most memorable. Someone got rid of someone's record stash, and it was both sad and glorious. I hope the rest of the lot went to good homes.

And everything, oh so cheap! I remember the days when you could regularly buy quality vintage clothes and kitchenware for next to nothing at the thrift stores, and you didn't have to run all over town hitting all the shops either. Now it's just ridiculous. I just saw a spread on Jennifer Jason Leigh in Elle magazine, and she was wearing a Nirvana shirt (that my husband had in high school) from a high end vintage shop in New York that shall remain nameless. $178. Please. And thanks to eBay, things like Fiestaware are so hard to find anymore; when you do it's an arm and leg. But in Sacto? 49 cents baby.

My two fave finds:

Frye vintage cowboy boots, $10:
























Robbe vintage ski jacket, $3.25. So cute:
























Detail on the sweet accent and lining:















Yes, I'll be back, Sacramento, and soon.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Sacramento just called, and he misses you. He said to say, "please, baby, come back. It was so good last time. You had a good time, I had a good time. Let's do it again, and next time bring your husband."

October 18, 2007 at 11:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Yesterday's Ester said...

... and your friends. The Sac can handle it. That jacket is so rad! And I want to make out with those boots. I love your style so much.

October 19, 2007 at 3:31:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home