Friday, November 17, 2006

Those last two posts were so lazy! Cool shit, but damn, I was lazy. You deserve better. Apologies.

In my defense, however, I am in the middle of bringing on a new database for tracking our clients and volunteers at work, and we are also in the throes of end of year fundraising. Plus, it is officially ON with the holidays. I haven't even been keeping up with emailing my friends, and I haven't cleaned my house for a month. Cut a girl some slack! Feel my pain!

To top it all off, since T-money is almost done with school for the semester, I am officially a Warcraft widow again. Nice! Actually, that's not so true. I'm more of a Warcraft wife, not quite a widow. Trevor still spends more time with me than he does online. BTW, he just offered to buy me a special chair and a new computer if I join him as a warrior for the WoW. As if.

Exciting news, my best friend is coming to visit this weekend, and we are going dancing and to the Asian Art Museum. Have you ever looked at the San Francisco Asian Art Museum site? Gah, they have sponsored advertisement links, and it looks so trashy. Give my people something classy, monkeys!

I was hoping the manga exhibit I was hearing so much about when the T spoke on a manga panel a couple of months ago would be up, but alas, it looks like Summer 2007. Hard to believe, but I only make it over to these bastions of San Francisco culture like the AAM and the MOMA like once a year, so I guess I know when my official visitation dates for 2007 are falling under.

So back to this weekend -- along with the dancing and museuming, we will probably also go to the local vegan macrobiotic cafe because my girl's been teaching yoga and eating kale for two months, and you gots to ease back into filthy pork quesadillas and Lanesplitter Heartstopper pizza again. Okay, if ever, because she thinks she's finally going to be a veg. So, anyway, everything there is steamed and whole grain, which is all fine and good and how I eat very often, but I like my steamed and whole grain flavored with a little bacon. And I hate paying for food that I could prep with minimal effort and for pennies. But, she loves it, so, yep.

Oh hey, my friend Jon has committed mine the the hubby's images to canvas. You can see it on his site. We're in his illustration section -- guess who?

Finally, my man has just informed me of Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness. Clever, these original zombie comics, and like any red-blooded nerd-girl I love Army of Darkness, but this newest incarnation, ehhhhhh. Why don't they quit while they're ahead? I've got to agree with Trevor and heave out a big ol' sigh

1 Comments:

Blogger Willard said...

twosa couple, threes a freak show-

fantastic work by your friend Jon!

Now I 'jus wonder- whose bulge is that? Or is that best left to speculation?

That's a rhetorical question. Please, don't awnser.

-c

November 18, 2006 at 9:10:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home