Sunday, March 05, 2006

I am just starting to get excited about going to Japan again at the end of the month. We haven't been back since our ill-fated attempt-at-moving-there-cum-3-month-honeymoon. This will be the first time Trevor and I go when it's not 5 million degrees and humid as all hell. What is even more exciting for me is that I have absolutely no obligations. I am going to shop for records and drink tea and wine in cafes and take funky pictures, and go into as many hyaku yen shops and eat at as many kaiten sushi places as I want to. I am buying as many silly little pieces of Japanese trash as I want. I am going to that pyramidial Prada store in Aoyama, and eating curry out of a vending machine. I will look cute, because it will not be 5 million degrees and my legs will not be covered in dust mite bites. And fuck restraint -- I am going to speak Japanese badly and with abandon and I will be unashamed.

Since Trevor will be training most of the time, I will be by myself too, which will make for interesting stories, I'm sure. Hopefully none of the "drunken salaryman attempted groping resulting in finger-breaking" kind, more of the soft, fuzzy "invited into tea by obasan" or "bought many a drink and shitake skewer by friendly folks who find butchered Japanese charming" type.

If you're interested in why I don't live there, and never will, check it, yo.

1 Comments:

Blogger ulalume said...

I'm jealous. I want to go to Japan with you.

March 10, 2006 at 8:52:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home