Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tops for 2005! *applause*

Ah, I know. It's what, March 2006? But never let it be said that I don't break up the lines and tear up the rules.

Actually, I'm just a compulsive listmaker and I love to talk about me. And I especially love top 10 lists.

The Decemberists, Picaresque
Roots Manuva, Awfully Deep
Dirty Three, Cinder
Nouvelle Vague, Nouvelle Vague
Kate Bush, Aerial
The Duke Spirit, Cuts Across the Land
Echo and the Bunnymen, Siberia
Antony and the Johnsons, I Am A Bird Now
Aoki Takamasa and Tujiko Noriko, 28
Sun Kil Moon, Tiny Cities

I know these are late 2004, but I was in a personal economic depression in 2005, so I didn't buy as much music as I should've so I don't even have 10 for 2005 without them:

Handsome Boy Modeling School, White People
The Arcade Fire, Funeral

Looking ahead, I am highly anticipating that there will be a new Bauhaus record on my list for 2006. Pretty please?

NP: Brian Eno, Here Come the Warm Jets. After reaching 30 years of age completely Eno-less, I decided it was about time. Peeps had recommended Music for Airports. But it was the only Eno not reissued when he reissued his entire catalog recently, um, so, no stick. Also recommended: Another Green World. But Warm Jets was in my friend Steve's CD folder and it was the one he recommended as a deflowering. Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home