Tuesday, February 26, 2008

After the meatfest that was the Sugo Di Carne I made for Oscar night, I was pretty beefed out and in need of vegetarian love. And oi, I made something AMAZING tonight!















Zucchini Rice Gratin with Sauteed Spinach

My tweaks: Being a whole grain nut, I used short grain brown rice and I increased it to 2/3 cup. I also added a shot of half and half to my two medium eggs and substituted a pat of butter for one of the tablespoons of olive oil for the onions, as well as substituting rosemary for thyme. It turned out fab -- so rich and flavorful.

Note: I recommend lightly greasing your casserole or baking dish with a bit of olive oil.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, looks good. I think I can get my hubby to eat this especially if I tell him it can be made with brown rice. He doesn't like white rice unless it's with Chinese food.

February 29, 2008 at 11:54:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home