Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Trevor's been suggesting different ways for me to deal with people who repeatedly interrupt my work to help them with ridiculous things, or who tell me in the course of asking for said ridiculous things that their computer is broken when it is, in fact, off (true, sad, and repeat offender story).

I've culled the list down to:

1) Leave a Bowie knife and a whetstone in my desk drawer. When someone comes in to my office to ask me why their document is "broken," rather than explain page layout for the umpteenth time, instead take the knife and stone out, look them in the eyes, and slowly sharpen while they talk.

2) Any person who has ever had me get up from my work to come over to their desk and explain again that clicking "cancel" instead of "save" is why their document isn't saving (yes, I'm serious) must fight me in a cage match before I will consider any request from them for computer help.

3) Ask every person who comes in my office to talk to me to first close the door, from the other side (thanks IT Crowd!).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

I like the first option. Especially if your Bowie knife has a particularly fierce looking picture of Bowie on the hilt.

February 19, 2008 at 7:00:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home