Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I got a new job! Interviewed last week, and was thoroughly impressed with not only the facility and services, but with the staff, who were just amazing -- kind, dedicated, compassionate. The warmth and determination I felt was so inspiring. These folks do good work, and they are growing quickly so my position will require flexibility, as well as give me room to grow. The salary and benefits are just right, and it's within bicycling distance of my apartment.

So, as you can imagine, I am more than thrilled. Goodbye government research job full of bureaucracy and politics, hello fusing my passions for health and nonprofit social justice while working in my community. Wheeeeeee!

5 Comments:

Blogger Juliegoose said...

Happy happy hooray! Big handshakes and milkshakes and toasts all around. You so deserve this!

August 3, 2006 at 9:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Thanks Julie! I am so pleased and really excited.

Let's hike and/or do dinner soon! And I can't wait to see your new place.

August 4, 2006 at 1:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger chinotronic said...

Rise Chicken! Rise Chicken! SAUDADE requires your presence in this celebration of of new occupations. Rise Chicken, Rise!

August 4, 2006 at 5:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Trevor said...

chickens? milkshakes? new and awesome jobs? heck yeah! life is SWEET!

August 4, 2006 at 7:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

Belated toast for your accomplishment:

Whole-grain
Golden Brown
Soft and Buttery
Filling and sweet

August 7, 2006 at 7:40:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home