Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I was talking with my friend yesterday, and hot damn her reggae and latin-spinning gem of a DJ boyfriend has offered to teach me how to spin and scratch records!

I have wanted to learn how to DJ for years, and despite having friends who do it, and living in the Bay where there are a plethora of classes to teach you how –- many of which are aimed at women -- I just never have gotten around to learning.

I can’t wait to try this out! And yes, you know it -- like the unhatched chicken counter that I am, I’m already dreaming of my very own decks.

So, anyhow, I'm in a great mood, after ranting yesterday. Here's my partial recipe for comfort and happiness today.

Cue up Avalon on the record player. Open a Murphy's Stout.

Mix and form into cakes:

1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
cayenne and black pepper to taste
1 and 1/2 cups crabmeat

Fry in:

2 tbsp oil

Garnish with:

lemon wedges
Tabasco sauce

Serve this crabcake goodness with homemade macaroni and cheese and spinach salad.

Leave the dishes for tomorrow and have a Black and Gold on the roof of your apartment building while you watch the sun sinking into the West.

Have a slice of homemade blackberry pie later, when you're reading a book. Bliss.

NP: Los Angeles, I'm Yours -- The Decemberists

1 Comments:

Blogger Willard said...

while we are on the confession topic-

the state of mind where I am closest to God is when I wake up an hour too early- leave to go somewhere, douse the brain with coffee and draw- waking up to the page and studying anatomy or conceiving layouts.. my mind can make perfect circles for hours then.. it feels brilliant in that singular focus.. able to conceptualize solution to the visual-spatial that later eludes me..
until the noise and commotion of the living world seeps in the cracks of the grey matter and dispells the ululating ripples from the pebbles I throw.

Seems that way- and I am happy all day when I can do that and the energy explodes within.

Then again- I have autism, and am slightly retarded-

and I really like that bauhaus remake- it wanders in a way that I like and doesn't force it's way into concsiousness so bluntly.. sort of slithers and then chimes and rattles the way in sort of a shamanist ritual.


computers about to die- and my power pack broke.

Off to Sandy Eggo Manana-

Ciao for Now

July 12, 2006 at 9:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home