Sunday, May 28, 2006

I chucked my tee-vee in 2004, and as y'all may know, I have replaced one idiot box with another -- traded up from my late night Will and Grace marathons for the glories of the 'net. *lovingly strokes laptop* But since I've been staying at my sister's place this weekend with no DSL, my man and I have had the opportunity to get our fill of satellite tee-vee. Oh glorious Samurai Champloo in high res on a big screen tee-vee!

So, while I am at loathe to plug the supreme brainless lunacy known as Fuse TV, especially after the clueless interview one of their inept minions did with my favorite half of Bauhaus, bassgod David J and his brother, the sweet and lovely metronome known as Kevin Haskins, a while back, I do have to give a shudder and sighing guffaw to their show Pants Off Dance Off. Amateur stripping meets true confessions meets uninspiring video backdrop meets sad one-liner host who always looks like she needs another hit of crack just to manage her insipid next line. So bad it's...as bad as you think.

You know those shows that you are utterly mortified by, yet cannot seem to tear yourself away from, alternately cringing and chuckling at what passes for entertainment and what people are willing to do for 15 minutes of fame, only to suddenly feel dirty and sad and empty afterward, like you wasted a good portion of your life? Yep.

And since I feel awful for subjecting you the anything from Fuse TV, and sullying the names of David J and Kevin Haskins by proximity, I am going to end this post with the good news that not only did Bauhaus play two new songs at the first show of their summer tour ("Adrenaline" and "Endless Summer of the Damned"), from all accounts the first two shows have been nothing short of spectacular! Old fans and new both have unanimously said Bauhaus are on fire -- shows that are on par or better than back in the day. Fans of both NIN and Bauhaus are saying that Bauhaus is blowing NIN away. Can't wait for July!

7 Comments:

Blogger Willard said...

The television is playing some war movie
(I've seen it already.. but remember only a little)
I'm not watching it really..
Nursing a headache,
Migrating between the sketchbook and the laptop
Went to the airport to drop off the woman earlier
took her car to the grocery and purchased iron pills..
Been feeling really weak the last two days
So weak I can hardly think or move even a little finger
At work I relied on the Robot Coupe to chop things..
I was too damn weak
thought it was emotional
thought it was the caffine
But maybe it is the metal..
who knows?
I was anemic once before from over excercise and bad diet.
Trade the Creme Brulee for Spinach.
That'd be wise.
Yes and lay off at least 6 of the Diet cokes I drink a day.
Perhaps 3 or so of the cups of joe as well.
And be DECISIVE about the relationship..
(We are going to counseling)
I made that decision.

Oh.. yeah I saw this great flick last night called..
called..
I don't know what it was called. But people were disconnected from each other and were trying to find ways to contact each other..
There was a sceane where a lady meets a person in a park whom she though was someone who wanted to poop into her butthole and have him poop it back..
He turns out to be 5 years old..
well yeah..
reminds me of

damn if it don't remind me of this.

Anyways- two dimensional surfaces-
My Raison D'troi
regardless

May 28, 2006 at 8:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

You have to tell me the name of that movie. I kind of hope this was that movie with Nicole Kidman and her reincarnated husband as a five year old and you were just smoking weed.

Hey, don't take iron! Bad for boys' blood vessels. If you're still eating meat, you're getting enough. Check your B vitamin intake. If you're also cramping, check your potassium.

I am not a doctor, but creme brulee cures anything.

May 28, 2006 at 11:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

ill get the name of that movie for you


WHAT WITH
having to type in the word verification shit every single goddamn time I post a comment here? C'mon Blogger- this is shit


anyways

yeah, I'll get that title for you

May 29, 2006 at 11:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

That's me, not blogger, being a shit -- that's so I know it's really you typing a comment and not your bots who want to sell me something to enlarge my penis (as if it could get any bigger!)

May 30, 2006 at 8:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Willard said...

Akkk!

Bppppppppbbb!!

eh, that's cool. I can put up with it so long as I know it's not the goddamn machine.

that's smart, in any case

May 30, 2006 at 10:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger ulalume said...

Damn you for drawing my attention to Pants Off Dance Off. Damn you!! *fist in air*

June 7, 2006 at 10:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Little lamb, you were warned. I am here to spread the evil. *cackles*

June 7, 2006 at 11:12:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home