Monday, May 25, 2009

Anyone who reads this blog knows I am a penny-pinching, reducing, reusing, recycling, reconsidering and refusing fool. And it is for this very reason that I am loving this stuff:

Swap Meets, Web Sites On Rise As Economy Falls

I've been thrifting for two decades -- first out of necessity and fashion, and now more out of frugality, green principles, and, well fashion too! I am loving these sites that are popping up all over the internets. One of the sites profiled in the above article, Rehash, is a particularly good one for fashionistas. Freecycle is another well-organized one (they've even got them in the UK) where I've found things in the past for my old offices, and given some things away as well.

At least there's an itty bitty silver lining in this bad economy cloud.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home