Thursday, April 23, 2009

Things to look forward to:

1) 10 Essential Cocktails To Make At Home

I can't stomach buying The Chron anymore, ever since they downsized to their hokey one-horse town layout and news style, but sfgate still pumps out some of the gems I'm missing by not getting the paper. This article takes a stab at listing the "essential" cocktails, but much more exciting is their list of affordable and non-pretentious essentials for the at-home bar. Class.

2) Sol Food in San Rafael

Vegetariano Plate: rice, beans simmered with Spanish olives, organic salad, tostones, Puerto Rican hot sauce, and a house-made limeade served in a Ball jar.















Sigh. I could eat this every single day, yo. Not having Puerto Rican food in Oakland is killing me. Killing me!

Not that I have to worry too much though. Soon, I may get to have it as often as I want, because of...

3) Trevor's sweet librarian position in San Rafael.

He studied, he withered my nether regions with talk of metadata, he worked tirelessly as an adjunct professor dedicated to his students, he honed his craft with internships, networking, and being seriously passionate about information and education. And it has paid off.

Trevor will be a librarian at a lovely, progressive, and academically challenging private college preparatory high school, with lovely students, lovely peeps, and a reverse commute. I am excited for him, and for us!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Mucho respect to Trevor for being so damned committed to librarianship. I will, however, remain a bad librarian. It's all I can do not to torch every library I walk into these days.

April 26, 2009 at 5:41:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home