Thursday, May 01, 2008

I have returned victorious from another mildly harrowing yet extremely fruitful trip to the land that eBay forgot, the charity shops of suburban Sacto.

Amidst the plentiful basics I picked up, and the Night Moves disco instruction record (with detailed pictorial instruction booklet), here is the best of the best:

Alex Colman vintage minidress:


















With built-in modesty:














Okay, and surprise -- I bought more boots a month or so before it is officially summer. So totally my m.o.

I am in love with these vintage Nordica Italian après-ski boots! They are so fabulous, I actually wish it would get cold.


















And of course, I would have to turn in my woman card if I didn't buy a bunch of shoes I don't need. I lucked out on a sweet pair of vintage Salvatore Ferragamo pumps, vintage Perry Ellis green flats, and bright orange heels.


















Just look at the snakeskin detail, and the only way I can wear yellow, on those Ferragamos:


















And check those ugly-chic red/multicolor sandals, yo: huarache-style sandals being all the rage in the fashion rags this year, I had been lamenting how cheapo Payless Shoe Source used to make the best ones when I was a junior high school student in the '80s (back when they still made most of their shoes in leather). Fat chance finding those again, right?

Resigned to buying a new pair at some godawful price, lo and behold, I found a brand spankin' new pair of original Payless Coasters huaraches at Goodwill in Antelope!

Suburban Sacto: like shopping the Bermuda Triangle.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home