Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I've been trying desperately to become a regular reader of the Freakonomics blog at the New York Times. Always a thought-provoking read, but dude, I just can't seem to keep up!

So, in the tradition of my lateness in all things, and my wanton ignorance of the internet space-time continuum -- where one day in internet time is like, 5 years, thus rendering anything you discover posted from three days ago an instant fossil...

This post from a few days ago on the sometimes distinctive African-American naming process (along with their nod to the Freakonomics chapter Perfect Parenting, Part II; or: Would a Roshanda by Any Other Name Smell as Sweet?) -- which chronicles whether or not distinctive and misunderstood names set children up for failure or success -- was a HOOT.

Why? Because it led me to the one of the mightiest of blogs: The Peoples News.

I am dying. Dying, I say! Go now!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home