Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Does Iggy Pop ever put on a shirt? Especially, and at least, for last night's 2008 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City?


























Am I the only one who finds this official, post-award photo op bizarre? EDIT: Apparently not.

I know The Stooges performed that night, and I do respect Iggy for bringing it with the fuck you shirtless rawk, but come on! I think we all get it now, Ig -- you look amazing, especially for a 60 year old man who did enough heroin to kill numerous herds of elephants. Now put on a t-shirt, a jacket, a wifebeater, anything! Thanks.

P.S. Love Madge's dress. Thought it was Gaultier, but no! Spring 2008 Chanel. Not that I would ever pay the outrageous price for it. Reminds me very much of a structured sheer yellow vintage dress I had in high school. I bought it for two dollars!

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Re: that photo - I reckon Iggy fancies his chances (note hand placement). At worst, he'd probably settle for a spit roast arrangement with Justin wassisface.

March 11, 2008 at 4:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dixie said...

Madonna scares me. That dress on her scares me even more. By itself the dress is cool, but it belongs on someone else. Maybe, say, Zooey Deschanel or someone appropriately quirky like that. As for Iggy...you know what tickles me even more than shirtless Iggy? Shirtless Iggy singing "Ray of Light." There's something so entirely wrong about it that it almost comes full circle back around to so, so right.

March 11, 2008 at 4:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Trevor said...

I bet Justin's actually relieved that the other two freakos in the shot call all the attention away from the terrible slacker-velour-suit-with-tennies combo he's sportin'. Anywhere else and that would look sloppy and lame, but next to two zombies...hey, alright!

March 11, 2008 at 7:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Mark: Ew. But oooh, "spit roast." I like. Will tuck that one away, er, I mean, remember, for future use.

Stardust: Ugh, did that happen? Now having nightmares about an Iggy intoned Ray of Light.

Trevor: I didn't think anyone else noticed the abomination that is JT's velour tracksuit tuxedo. That's why I married you!

March 11, 2008 at 8:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger LAS said...

If I didn't know who Iggy Pop was, that photo would be even funnier. Just your everyday shirtless, ripped 60 year old living the high life with Madonna and JT.

March 12, 2008 at 5:14:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home