Friday, December 14, 2007

Molded by RAWK!










































(click on pic to embiggen, and find out where you fall on the DLR Awesomeness Meter, yo!)

For the record, my first concert was on August 16, 1988 at the Cal Expo Amphitheatre (thank you, internets!).









I was newly 14, and I held my own amongst a bunch of mulleted dudes a mere 100 or so feet from the stage. Joe Elliott wore the same outfit he wears here. It was a week before my freshman year in high school, and I wore the concert tee the first day of school.

So yeah, I think I can safely say I fall solidly in the 101-200 range.

BTW, check out the Hysteria World Tour at Wikipedia. Def Leppard were on tour for a solid 16 months! And even though I was at a tail-end show, they rocked. After discovering this I must say I never want to hear any bands play uninspired shows at their last stops nor whine about touring exhaustion after 30 shows over 2-3 months ever again. The bar has been set!

Whoa. A bar in my world has been set by Def Leppard. Just making a note of where I'm at.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger LAS said...

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I am personally deemed "pretty awesome." I will accept that

December 14, 2007 at 6:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

You are pretty awesome, 'tis true.

What was your first concert, las?

December 16, 2007 at 11:27:00 AM PST  
Blogger LAS said...

Unfortunately, it was the Dave Matthews Band. May God have mercy on my bastard soul

December 17, 2007 at 10:20:00 AM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

Ouch.

That reminds me of one of my favorite comic strips on my fridge though. I think you are forgiven.

December 17, 2007 at 8:11:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home