Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Opened up the Guardian today and what did I see? Comcast's Secret War on Filesharing.

Or, not so secret, except from me. An article from October on CNET gives excellent background on the story, and a search brought up many tech blogs with their own take.

















(I've never been much for lolcats but, oh, what the hell.)

Anyway, this is my first time hearing about it, and oh my god. I'm so glad I don't use Comcast, but 'tis true what the Guardian piece says -- this is a harbinger of what's to come. I hope the Electronic Frontier Foundation sues those bastards something fierce.

BTW, thank god for the EFF. See here for their excellent report on the matter, and how to check your own ISP for packet injection. I think I know who's getting a donation from me this year.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting

December 5, 2007 at 7:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Yesterday's Ester said...

WHA DO U MEEN U R NOT MUTCH 4 LOLCATS??!?111

December 6, 2007 at 11:45:00 AM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

Exception: I LOOOOOVE yesterday's ester's lolcats. :P

December 7, 2007 at 6:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

BTW, thank GOD Comcast doesn't interfere with the lolcats.

December 8, 2007 at 12:47:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home