Sunday, August 05, 2007

The day to honor the honorable but human has arrived at sine qua non. Check it, yo:

Saw The Bourne Ultimatum this weekend. Not the best of the three, but you gotta love the badass that is Jason Bourne, even though Matt Damon tends to give me a rash. Mmmmm...competent, honorable men who just happen to be trained killers.

Speaking of -- you must watch this, full screen, with your speakers on HIGH. This is why Akira Kurosawa and Toshiro Mifune are legends, and the music for victory is metal.



Okay, and while I was shopping today, I heard some lady at the grocery store call her kid Lando. You gots to respect!

And some kid with a mouthful of grill accidentally spit on my hoodie while I was riding my bike home. I stopped to ask him WTF? and I was thinking "aw shit, this is it, the time to use my U-Lock as a deadly weapon has arrived. I'm going to have to get in a frikken brawl with some scary-ass 16 year-old and I'm either going to jail or the hospital." But he totally apologized -- TWICE! -- in front of his friend and cleaned off my sweater with his sweater, and then gave me the friendliest smile ever. No joke, I was so shocked I thanked him for saying sorry.

I felt kind of bad that my first reaction was that it was brawling time. Just another sucker, I was. Honor abounds, in real life. Something to think about.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Just when I start to think all of today's teenagers are up to no good, I hear a story like that. I bet that kid's mother would be proud.

August 5, 2007 at 6:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Yeah, I'm afraid my first impulse would have been to deck him, and then feel guilty and mentally berate myself for being a terrible bully for a fortnight. Good for you, and good for him.

August 6, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

Also, what's the track behind the video? Great stuff.

August 6, 2007 at 2:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

I thought so too. It is apparently "Freya" by The Sword, a band out of Austin, Texas.

August 6, 2007 at 7:47:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home