Thursday, July 26, 2007

I love to come home from a long week at work to a little something something to start my weekend out on a lovely note. Hellboy: Darkness Calls #4 (so sad, almost done!) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer #5 were waiting on the coffee table, dropped off for me by my honey before he went to work. Sometimes there is nothing more satisfying than curling up on the couch with a cold glass of mugi cha, set on doing nothing else but reading some delicious comic books.

Oy, I must be getting old. No, that's not it. Maybe I'm getting less coarse in my pleasures. That's better.

So of course the Hellboy is an ass-kicker. And Buffy keeps getting better and better. This stand alone is really well done, and a credit to how well Joss Whedon can switch so effortlessly between silly and solemn. I am so chuffed at Joss Whedon's 4-issue story arc/5th issue stand alone/4-issue story arc concept. This is also why he's the man. And guess who the next story arc is about? Whee!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home