Monday, June 25, 2007

I know, but try to block out, that there are people out there who steal celebrity trash to try and make a buck. But I am more traumatized by the fact that there are people out there who actually buy said trash.

At least this auction has, at this writing, redeemed my faith in humanity with zero bids.

Yeah yeah, I know -- those of you who know me will be like, oh hell no saudade, what about your celebrity "trash" from various concerts?

Yes, 'tis true, I have many mementos from different shows I've attended, my personal favorite being the mask David J of Bauhaus tore off his face and threw into the audience during a particularly intense bassline in 'Telegram Sam' at San Francisco's Fillmore. Joy!

But, yes, anyway, three excuses for my behavior:

1) I don't pay for mere memorabilia.
2) Anything I keep is from a show I attended and is related to the performance, or is personal correspondence. No used water bottles, thanks.
3) Good lord, an empty dogfood can or a nasty hairpiece? Bitch, please.

NP: Final Fantasy, 'He Poos Clouds' from the album of the same name.

Thanks to a boot of an April Final Fantasy show posted over on B(oot)log, I wrote the name of this album down on a post-it and stuck it in my wallet for my next trip to the record shop. Totally forgot about it for nearly two months, and then today -- Eureka!

Owen Pallett is the man behind Final Fantasy. A composer, singer, and classically trained violinist and pianist, Owen creates many of his songs by multitracking various sounds he conjures from his instruments, much like Andrew Bird (who, for some reason, I've never really been able to get into, though I'm really enjoying FF).

For a really fun example of how this goes down, Mariah Carey style, check it:

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

This is the first I have heard about David's mask! You have been holding out on me. Pictures, woman, pictures.

June 30, 2007 at 1:49:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home