Wednesday, June 06, 2007


























I highly recommend that you check out the official MySpace of one of my favorite bass players of all time, Joy Division and New Order bassist Peter Hook.

The late Ian Curtis seems to be the most cited reason people love Joy Division, but Peter Hook is mine. His basslines for Joy Divison are one of the two reasons I picked up the bass. But the thing I love most about Peter Hook is his honest and matter-of-fact take on his life, his work, and those surrounding him, as well as his willingness to share this with his fans. For this reason, I particularly recommend his blog.

I'm all about the no-bullshit, scrappy straight-shooters, and Hooky's blog is not only candid, but a completely disarming Mancunian stream of consciousness from a man who seems to be enjoying life to the fullest. He also seems to be doing something every damn minute of the day -- djing in Tokyo one day, Istanbul the next, then jetting off to record some commentary for a New Order DVD, then home to see his "girls," and then off to do some bits for a film on The Hacienda -- while still working on his own musical projects, like Freebass (with Andy Rourke -- yeah!).

I also recommend checking out the 2005 Bass Player magazine article and interview from the above photo too. Good stuff that showcases Hooky's down to earth personality and bass-playing style. It is nice to hear I'm not the only one who cannot sing and play at the same time!

Anyway, I'm hooked! (heehee, right?.........alright, nevermind, I'll get my hat)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanner said...

I totally agree..Hooky is fookin class man!

June 11, 2007 at 2:57:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home