Thursday, November 10, 2011

I've been cooling on Neil Gaiman lately, for ridiculous reasons unrelated to his writing that I will not go into here. Lovely bloke at each reading I've been to of his, but...oh, let's not talk about that when he's just an itty piece of my post, m'kay?

I know the departure of David "phwoar, come to my man-harem" Tennant as Doctor Who was eons ago, but as a yank I am really just getting to know Matt Smith as the new Doctor. Was very sad about the latest regeneration, but as all Doctors do, he is growing on me. Amy and Rory, however? I was on board from the beginning.

Those things said, "The Doctor's Wife" (spoilers at the link, sweetie) -- written by Gaiman -- was possibly the best episode ever. Really, truly.













I wanted to see the universe, so I stole a Timelord and ran away. You were the only one mad enough.

Positively brilliant. And I mean, brilliant. Deliciously romantic and terribly clever.

So, am back in the saddle again boys, on both counts.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Oh I loved that episode--one of my top five, easy. "She's the tardis. And she's a woman." / "Were you wishing really hard?" Love it.

November 16, 2011 at 10:25:00 AM PST  
Blogger Ammie said...

<3 <3 <3!

November 16, 2011 at 4:46:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home