Friday, August 07, 2009

Oh yeah.



















Topshop Horror Girl

Okay, so there is no Topshop in the States yet except New York; thus I can never see the pieces in person and so I get slightly verklempt when they release collections. Annnnd, yes, the clothes are made for 16 year old emo kids. But I can't help it: these shoes? To die for. This sweater? So cute. And this? Fantastic.

Are they made in sweatshops from materials sourced irresponsibly? Likely. Will they fall apart after a season? Probably. Two very good reasons to avoid this stuff. But the eye candy sure is nice.

With the new Runaways film coming out next year, leave it to Topshop to get in early on the latest incarnation of the 70s punk/glam/hair metal hybrid trend that will be all the rage with the kiddies soon.

No Topshop for me, but I just realized this will make thrifting the real-deal goods from this era just that much harder. Feh.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Funny Face said...

Deffo sweatshops - but isnt it impossible to get anything that isnt? Even high-end designer stuff that sells is mostly I read?

Topshop stuff calls you in when you walk past a store, full of hope and promise, but its so badly made, with odd fits.. I dont think I have ever bought anything from topshop!

ooo, am such a killjoy. Dont hate me!

August 7, 2009 at 8:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

You're not a killjoy -- it's just what I imagined! Pretty to look at, but crap in the end.

It is almost impossible anymore to get anything that's not questionable. That's why I try to thrift as much as possible. Second hand makes me feel a bit better. There are also a lot of resources online to find out about ethical companies when you've got to buy new.

August 8, 2009 at 3:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Funny Face said...

Thats good - will have to check again in the UK to see if we've new companies. There were a few a couple years ago, but the prices were bank loan types!
Its not just clothes tho is it? Nearly everything... blah.

Gosh, apologies for so much moaning so early in the weekend! Am off :-) x

August 8, 2009 at 5:03:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home