Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just back from a weeknight camping trip to Wilbur Hot Springs. Ah bliss!

Weeknights are the way to do it -- Trevor and I had the whole hot springs to ourselves for the evening.















Love that stinky water:















So much inspiration for my imagined (but eventual) deck or patio...



















...and for my kitchen: I might actually kill for the huge communal kitchen, which we also had pretty much to ourselves.















The veranda was a great place to sit and read, especially with the cool tiles under our feet and the balmy breeze blowing in after a 100 degree day.















Sorry there are no pics of our campsite, but there are only two sites and by the time I trekked out to ours after soaking, I was ready for bed! Suffice to say, it was far enough away from the main house and far enough into the dense pine scrub to feel quite remote, and for $59 (with use of the springs from 3 pm to 5 pm the next day), it was a bargain.

I do wish I'd gotten a pic of the spotted feral pig on the trail to our campsite. Thank jeebus for my flashlight or I would have run right into her! Probably would not have been pretty on a tiny hillside trail. As prolific as they are, I had never seen one in person before. Even though they are so destructive to California farming and so aggressive, I was stoked to finally be able to see one.

A few more days of holiday left -- roll on weekend!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Funny Face said...

mmmmm.. that place looks amazing, even if it smells less so! Glad you had a wonderful time x

July 31, 2009 at 1:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home