Monday, February 16, 2009

So I did it. I up and joined Facebook.

I thought that this time I should take full advantage and join a social networking site before it becomes uncool.

And I've been pleasantly surprised: not only is it a better interface with better privacy controls than MySpace, but I'm connecting with folks I've looked for online in the past with out success. Righteous.

Anyway, enough of the advert. Look me up if you are so inclined.

Oi, and I saw Slumdog Millionaire over the weekend. What a great film! I think it's going to win Best Picture this weekend. But not because it deserves it.

Maybe this is a longshot, but I think it will win because, for one, India is fast becoming a global economic force to be reckoned with, and the West is always curious about seeing the underbelly of anything that is the other, or could be perceived as a threat (see China's meteoric rise in the 80s and The Last Emperor). But the bigger influence is the recession. People want to escape into something that puts their problems into perspective, as well as believe that hope can prevail.

Well, okay, that last bit might just be me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Slumdog Millionaire was really good. Whatdya think about Dev Patel playing the role of the aggressive and haunted Zuko in the upcoming Airbender film?

February 16, 2009 at 8:51:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home