Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yet another entertaining way to despair at the absurdity of existence? Or insipid pomo rubbish?

Garfield Minus Garfield







Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life?







Remembering, too, that Garfield with Garfield plumbs the depths of comic strip excruciation, only slighty mitigated by the bowels of hell that is The Family Circus.

I'll hedge my bets and vote for an "entertaining exercise in postmodern nihilism." Quality!

Cheers to Kasey for the heads up.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LAS said...

http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/post/27442555

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

The empty panel at the end is a fucking HEARTBREAKER.

March 27, 2008 at 5:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger LAS said...

http://garfieldminusgarfield.tumblr.com/post/29764972

Oh my God, I'm fucking dying here.

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at something that's really just bleak and horrific.

March 27, 2008 at 5:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home