Thursday, February 09, 2012

There's an instrument that's been developed in the last 25 years, where you can point it at a product and it will tell you exactly what chemicals you need to make that smell. We can duplicate anything. If you can smell it, we can duplicate it.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? And there's no cure for cancer?

As someone who hates being assaulted by smells -- chemical, natural, "good" or otherwise -- UGH.

Inside Smellvertising, the Scented Advertising Tactic Coming Soon to a City Near You

Though I must admit a certain amount of adorable squee for the term "jacket potato."

As an aside, my mom said when she came to the United States one of the first things she noticed was that Americans had a bad smell -- something she attributed to the large amount of meat and dairy in our diets. I know Japanese households have a distinctive and consistent smell for me, so I'm not surprised.

I wonder what chemicals that contraption would list to recreate my smell?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home