Monday, August 15, 2011

So I was excited, but bitching, a few days ago, and now see why A.A. Bondy doesn't have a club date yet in the Bay for his tour.











Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2011

Yes, it's free, and one of the coolest festivals in the country, but call me spoiled -- I'm still a tad disappointed. Hate having to fight the crowds that weekend, so maybe, just maybe, Bondy will pick up a small venue before he heads to Portland.

Don't judge! Look at this mess...













I did stay home last year, but I suppose I am inevitably going to fight the crowds this year anyway, given the fact that Bondy is playing, as well as the rest of the awesome lineup.

Kris Kristofferson and Merle Haggard! M. Ward! Chris Isaak! Robert Plant! Thurston Moore! All among other regulars I never tire of like Gillian Welch. I've heard good things about Devotchka too for years -- this may be a good opportunity to finally get a good listen.

But truly, after Bondy, I am most excited (and most surprised to see on the lineup list) for Conspiracy of Beards. Conspiracy of Beards is a male a capella choir which performs only the songs of Leonard Cohen, often reworked so as not to be exactly joyous, but so you don't want to kill yourself at the end of the set.

I saw Conspiracy of Beards long ago when they first formed, at the Starry Plough, and they were fantastic. What a great break for them!

Now to cross my fingers for all of the folks I want to see to play on the same day!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home