Tuesday, April 05, 2011

WANT.














Metsa Design Cement Pearls

(If you're looking for my birthday gift and haven't already spoiled me with this Jaggy Nettle sweater, I definitely won't sniff at the earrings) ;)

Found these gems on the fashion blog Threadbared, after reading a feature article in the SF Chron about their unique blog content.

Threadbared is a fashion blog dedicated to "the politics, aesthetics, histories, theories, cultures and subcultures that go by the names 'fashion' and 'beauty.'"

if you've ever wondered why people of color appear as background props - think maids or drivers - rather than as models in glossy fashion spreads, open a box of bonbons and start scrolling through Threadbared

I must admit that I was expecting their political and social commentary to be a little more explicit, but even so it's still a really excellent intersection to be taken up and explored. Impressive.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How much do you want that sweater? Contact info@jaggynettle.com and let me know.
j

April 11, 2011 at 2:35:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home