Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm on a high of goodness:

Miami Banker Gives Out $60 Million in Bonuses

This actually brought tears to my eyes. This man worked hard and seemed to make good decisions his whole life. He treated his employees well, and they were loyal (57 years!) and in turn most likely were part of the reason for his success. Talk about giving back! It feels good to know that there are still people like this in the world, a true role model.

This is the type of person I wish to emulate, even on my own meager economic level. Meager means most of my giving back is along the lines of sweat equity, tipping well, sharing a bottle, or buying someone dinner. But even these little things can make a difference in someone's day.

I've posted links to Operation Nice before, but I think it's time to do so again. We can't all give someone we appreciate $50K, but there are plenty of easy ways to give back to those who deserve it -- and maybe every now and then to folks who might just need it. And you might just get some good juju yourself in the process.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home