Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Wow, look what I found on my evening walk in a moving box surrounded by trash in the abandoned video store parking lot around the corner from my house.



















Here's the unbelievable part: it not only works like a dream, but is a bass amp! I've been playing (I use that term loosely) my cheapie Fender Squire bass with the practice amp that came with it for the last two years. I won't even know what to do with half those knobs.

Made in the U S of A -- have an email with the serial number in to Peavey to find out when it was made.

I really, really love my neighborhood.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ammie said...

1991, yo.

August 10, 2008 at 7:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

I'm sure it sounds fine (most Peavey stuff does), but maaaan, it's ugly. That pointy font always put me off their stuff back then, when they were just about the cheapest manufacturers of tube amps on the batter (them and the nice peeps at Laney).

In 1991, I was playing an unfeasibly loud vintage Vox AC50 through a Marshall 2x12. Bought in a little backstreet guitar shop who didn't really have a clue what they had their hands on. Loud enough to drown out any drummer, any P.A. Sounded great, too.

August 11, 2008 at 4:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

One of the things I love about the amp is that butt rock font.

I speak equipment like I speak Japanese -- very badly. But I googled and it looks beautiful. Very class.

What happened to it?

August 11, 2008 at 9:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

I ran out of room for a head and speakers, so I sold them off. It's currently owned by a mate of mine. I occasionally get drunk and tell him I want it back.

August 13, 2008 at 2:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home