Friday, September 07, 2007

Just musing: I was driving back from the grocery store and I couldn't help but notice how many 50-something women I encountered today who look like the current incarnation of David Bowie. It was eerie. I know it sounds like I'm joking, but as much as it pains me to say it, Andrea, it's true.

Something I will not miss when this incarnation of indie/emo is gone: boys in girl jeans. Enough already!

Why I still don't have a mobile: I don't want to be associated at all, even remotely, with the lady sitting behind me at Asmara last night, who was ignoring her dining companions while she conducted banking business on her cell at dinner. Trying to whisper her bank/credit card account numbers to the poor customer service representative, she repeatedly said, "I can't speak louder, I'm in public. In a restaurant" while rudely waving off the waitress like she was royalty. When did this become acceptable? Get off your phone!

Gah, it's bad enough we were dining at the same establishment and I grudgingly have to include her as not only a member of my species, but my gender -- no way I want one more thing that, to the untrained eye, binds us.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dixie said...

Stealing Bowie's fashion = hot. Turning yourself into Bowie's female stunt double = not hot.

September 7, 2007 at 9:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Ha! I love you.

September 8, 2007 at 12:33:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home