Monday, October 08, 2012

Apparently it is homecoming week at my hometown high school. Being someone who was more inclined in high school to ditch pep rallies to smoke cloves in the drain pipe that ran under the lower student parking lot, I was never a high school sports fan, so strangely my one high school regret is not joining the biggest supporters of high school football, the band. And that is because ours was the world class Golden Regiment, celebrating 30 years this year.

I remember them being amazing when my parents took me to a free concert at the high school gymnasium when I was in middle school. I had a lot of friends who played in band, many during the 200 strong marching band days fueled by the direction of the inimitable Pat Sieben.

This is the closest video of the band in age I could find to my high school years -- ironically, at a parade in Canada -- and while it is short and not particularly noteworthy music-wise, it gives you a bit of an idea of how bitchin' band was at my high school.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home