Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Awww yeah, we're getting there...

Judge Orders Injunction on 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'

Finally we are on the way to removing a ridiculous law that has existed my entire adult voting life.

And while I'm on the subject of civil rights: Dan Savage's It Gets Better project has gotten a lot of great press, and rightly so. What a gift, especially in these times of what sometimes seems like tireless backwards right wing bigotry.

There have been some wonderful testimonials from celebrities and regular folk alike, but this one has got to be my favorite. I'm from a small town where most the gay men I know who came out didn't fit in with the **fabulous!!** stereotype of loving musicals and being into fashion, and I think having a couple of guys in professions that are not only closer to the everyday reality for a lot of people but also break the girly stereotype for gay men is fantastic.



*love*

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home