Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A couple of very good eats...

Caprino Cremosa al Tartufo















This is an Italian goat milk cheese (chevre) supplemented with cream and dotted with black truffles. Oh my, is it amazing.

I bought half a Caprino Cremosa on Sunday from the "past their prime" cheese bin at the cheese counter in Market Hall. Thrifty, I am, so this is where I go to try out the random cheese I really can't afford to buy full price. And every now and then, I get one that makes me come back and shell out the big bucks for another one -- in this case, not but a few days later.

Also, heirloom tomatoes are out in full force! I picked up a bunch of beauties at my neighborhood farmer's market on Sunday. And while I devoured the first few with just a sprinkling of sea salt, I just ate a perfect Cherokee Purple with...nacho cheese. And tortilla chips, of course. Divine!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Kardwell said...

I'm one of thoose guys who doesn't hesitate to buy out-of-date cheese, because I don't believe there is such a thing.

But whadda I know? I'm a guy who spends half his life chained to the toilet with explosive diarrhoea.

October 15, 2008 at 4:01:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ammie said...

Shhh, you'll jinx me!

October 15, 2008 at 4:43:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home